Wednesday 23 April 2014

Hot chocolate and assignment.



Hello earthlings!

As you know, I started to work as a barista at The Cozy Cafe! So almost every 3/7 of my week are occupied with the work. My instagram too, was flooding with the photo of the coffee art I learnt to draw while I work. 

I always thought that being a barista is an easy job. I thought what we need to do are just press the buttons of the coffee machine and serve the cups of coffee to the customers. But what I thought were wrong, being a barista is not as easy as I thought. What the coffee machine can help us is just separating the content of the coffee, heating and beating the milk to form foam. While te coffee machine is working, we need to take note of the temperature of the milk, type of milk, position to place the cups of milk and etc.

  It is not an easy job.

I really do enjoy a lot while I was learning what should I do to make the foam I want (latte foam or cappuccino foam) and drawing those arts that I love on the foam. I'm always a loser in drawing competition or designing competition. But luckily I managed to draw some arts (which I think it's nice enough to make the customers feel happy) on the coffee. The other barista would challenge the free pour or maybe draw nice arts like the spiderwebs or something more classy on the coffee. However, I prefer to draw cartoons or something cuter on the coffee (the real reason is that I'm not good in drawing those classy arts). 

But starting from last week, other than works, there is a new thing coming into my busy life - assignment. 

It's a free topic assignment, just that we need to write an essay with approximately 2000 words. 2000. 4-5 times of the number of words of each essay that I wrote. Informative essay. 

What topic? - Fashion.
Why fashion? - because I don't know what to write. 

Thought of writing about Coffee. Since most of my time is occupied by coffee now. But hmmm it's hard to write. Zoe is writing pregnancy. So we were saying that why don't we write the essays that have connection? Mel will write about sex, Zoe will write pregnancy, and I will write babies? But NOH, I don't like babies haha. 

So, Fashion.

Fashion is a wide field, it's gonna be easy to write up to 2000 words. But after I googled for the informations about fashion,
What is fashion?
What people think about fashion?
Fashion show?
Model?
Fashion design?
Fashion magazines?
Brands?
Louis Vuitton?
Vogue? 

Ohmygawd.

I'm gonna spend the whole month on this assignment and work. Was searching for these information while I was working in Cozy. Made myself a cup of my favorite hot chocolate and started to spam te keyboard. So here's where the title of this post came from! 

A blog without pictures is a blog without meaning. 
















It's all about coffee. 

No comments: